Followers

Give Me The Gas Or Stop Asking Questions . . .

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Thursday, July 07, 2005

I went to the dentist yesterday for a routine cleaning, and once again I was denied laughing gas which would have at least made the visit vaguely tolerable.

Dentists have gotten awfully stingy with the Nitrous Oxide since I was kid, and if they wanted happier patients they would reverse this ugly trend and start handing out masks as soon as you hit the waiting room.

Instead, all I got was a dental hygienest with a grumbling stomach who scraped and polished my teeth down to the gums - a situation I fully expected walking into the office.

What galled me, however, was the persisent open-ended questions she kept asking as she had my mouth pried open and her sharp instruments at work.

Did she really expect me to answer how my summer was going?

Or how my vacation to St. John went?

Or what my plans were when I got Austin?

Even yes/no questions are difficult when all you can do is grunt and possibly form a few vowel sounds. My lack of candor didn't bother her a bit as she continued this Q&A session for most of the appointment.

As I left the office with my gums bleeding and my lips chapped I added the hygienist's inane inquiries to the list of things I hate about going to the dentist and I also made a resolution not provide any answers on my next visit unless I'm gassed up like the Goodyear Blimp.

It seems like a fair trade to me.

-BDS

0 comments

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com