Followers

Get in my belly...

Posted by 2 Dollar Productions Tuesday, June 21, 2005

In the midst of my post St. Johns funk I almost forgot about my meeting with a New York City modeling agent right before we left the country.

This was the culmination of a fitness photo shoot I had done for a coffee-table book several months ago and through a complicated process I had been referred to this agent who books models for fitness, runway and commercials.

I met him at Northpark mall, and in anticipation of this I had been dieting for several weeks. He was in town for a modeling convention and the fact that he was one of the keynote speakers helped solidify his credentials for me.

I was nervous about the mall sitting, however, and I kept picturing this guy sitting in a chair at the Nordstrom’s dressing room and having me parade around in a series of revealing outfits while he ate pistachio nuts and made loud catcalls in his East Coast baritone of a voice.

Luckily, this was not the case as we meet in front of Dillards and had a bite to eat at La Madeline.

The agent told me he liked my look for fitness modeling and he also said I had a strong “commercial” look, which might translate into him pushing me into some TV spots.

I thought he noticed my hard dieting work had paid off until he said this was all for naught unless I gained 10 pounds.

The irony was that I had dropped almost that same weight through dieting and now I was being told to put it back on or he said it “was nice meeting me, and he wished me luck in the future.”

So, I am now eating everything I can find and have already gained 3 pounds thanks to a Lemon cake from Costco, Red Stripe, protein shakes, Pop Tarts, gallons of milk, pasta salads, eggs, red meat and red wine.

It’s a hell of lot more fun to put it on than to take it off, and once I gain the weight I’m supposed to send this agent some digital pictures and if he thinks that it’s enough then he’ll bring me out to New York and introduce me to clients.

We’ll see if this actually pans out as I’ve found that most people are at least half full of shit and some are nearly ¾.

In the meantime, life is good as I’m eating like a champ and feeling no remorse about anything that I put in my belly. Just point me towards a buffet and steer clear because the only way to tackle a project like this is to be fully committed and I rarely do anything half-assed.

Who knows, if I keep eating like this I might soon look like Tobey Maguire. And he’s Spider-Man.

-BDS

0 comments

About Me


Contact Us

You can reach us by email at twodollarproductions@live.com